Tuesday 12 March 2013

DIY - Tea Light Rose Candle


I have spent today making these cute, little Rose tea light candles. They are so fun and easy, and because they are electric candles, not flame, they are safer and last longer!

If you wish to learn how to make these then just scroll down :)


What you will need:

-Fake roses
-Electric Tea Light Candles
-Hot glue and glue gun
-Scissors


Step One: 

Pull the flower heads off of the stalks and pull apart the flowers until they are just petals. (It's better to buy fake flowers that are not already glued together). Now cut the petals into separate pieces.



Step Two:

Now heat up your hot glue gun, dab a pea size of hot glue on the bottom of the petal and hold it against the  candle so that it sticks well. Continue to add petals around the candle (I glued 4 petals on the first layer, then 3 on the second layer.) You can add as many layers as you want, I wanted mine to be a little more simple so I only applied two layers of petals.


Step Three:

Step three is optional. Cut some leaves off the stalks to add to the outside of the flower candle. I added two leaves on each. Just do the same with the leaves as you did in step 2, add hot glue and hold onto candle. But be careful, as the glue can burn your skin.






Now Light it up!

You can display your tea light candle anywhere, in the bedroom, bathroom or dining area! Turn on the switch and it's ready to go! I love this idea, it's simple, adorable and is easy and cheap to make!


Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I love all my viewers :)
Please subscribe 


If you would like to see the video of this tutorial, just lick here...





1 comment: